Microsoft Cloud Engineer
Job Title: Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
You Will Become An Expert On
How to automatically monitor applications consisting of hundreds of thousands of servers.
How to build an unbreakable delivery pipeline and cut testing lead times by over 50%
Using virtual assistants for operations cutting repetitive operations tasks by 80%
Utilize runbook automation and self-healing to bring MTTR down to seconds
Implement self-healing auto mitigation mechanisms which are tied to business outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Cloud specific solutions, application development and deployment
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Some programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies.
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and/or Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains: Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking
- Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB, Cosmos DB, HD Insights
- Website troubleshooting experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, OpenSource)
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking)
- Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB
- Application development & debugging experience (c/c++/c#, Python, Node.JS, etc.)
- Azure Application development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Web Site troubleshooting and coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Bigdata: HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
- Identity and Authentication, SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD,
- Subject Matter Expert of OS System admin (Windows, Linux), and Networking
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud services
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
Self-starter – You don’t like to sit and wait for instruction, but instead find ways to add value in a fast-paced work environment
Problem solver – Things aren’t always straightforward in an early-stage startup. You can take intent, rather than direction, and transform it into polished work
Accountable - You feel comfortable owning the outcome of your projects and set milestones and metrics accordingly
Entrepreneurial – You want to contribute to the success of the company and feel personally-committed to shape its vision and direction
Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and feel enjoy switching gears and handling work that spans the business
Gritty – You love diving headfirst into complex problems and will do whatever it takes to make things successful
Human Person/Communicator – You can present findings, gather information, build relationships, and work effectively with people, both inside and outside the organization. Most importantly you love interacting and intelligently socializing with people
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Mibura Inc.
Billions of mobile devices, internet-connected sensors, workstations, complex legacy mainframes, and auto-pilot systems effortlessly communicate through meshed wired and wireless networks to servers that process and store data in corporate offices, data centers, or cloud platforms around the world. Mibura is front-and-center of these data centers and cloud platforms providing talented workforce and leveraging the right technology through strategic partnerships making it all work together securely. We have customers ranging from Fortune 500, Federal Agencies, Small Businesses & Mid-Market Companies Across the US, Web companies with worldwide presence and State, Local, Cities, and Counties.