Digital Business Analyst
Preferred Location: NJ/NY area
This position has responsibility for client-facing requirements gathering to capture as-is process and map to-be process vision in the areas of advanced automation and robotics. Exposure in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, customer digital experience, AI and machine learning will be beneficial. It involves identifying automation blockers and identifying automation enablers and articulating them to the client. The role is also responsible for producing process definition document (PDD) - a keystroke-level process map to transition process into next stage of delivery and bringing understanding of business process/robotics to support development/testing during delivery.
- Interface directly with the client on daily basis
- Running workshops with client SMEs to understand the end-to-end process while identifying any automation blockers and the suitability of the process for automation, process reengineering or right skilling
- Calculate automation % and FTE benefit and build effort estimates and perform initial prioritization
- Perform time studies, activity analysis, work decomposition, statistical process analysis, identify process redundancies
- Define data requirements for reports, identify data sources, perform ETL/data pre-processing, develop report mock-ups, create reports/dashboards
- Present summary of findings to the client and walk them through to-be design of the automated process.
- Provide outputs for weekly due diligence updates with the client.
- Understanding the risks, assumptions, and dependencies associated with the process.
- Analyze business processes and identify areas of opportunity to implement RPA/IPA
- Work closely with development team to ensure requirements are accurately mapped and suitable for development.
- Be involved in all process automation activities from the initial prioritization, development and testing through implementation and continuous improvement.
- Build, review, and own Process Definition Documentation
- Build, review, and own test plans and test cases, facilitate the gathering of test data
- 4 years of experience in Business Process Analysis.
- Experience of working on projects using automation and robotic tools such as Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere/UI Path/Open Span
- Experienced with spectrum of offerings across basic automation to machine learning and cognitive RPA/IPA capabilities across client projects.
- Must have leveraged Customer Experience centric approaches such as journey maps, pain point identification & moments of truth to drive digital transformation initiatives.
- Experience in defining productivity metrics and KPIs, eliciting requirements, data preprocessing, data management, performing ETL, defining report mock ups and building reports
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries and VBA queries
- Experience with creating reports on BI tools such as Power BI/SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with creating reports utilizing Salesforce is a plus
- Preferred experience in insurance industry domain. Familiarity with one or more of the following: underwriting, claims processing, new business/enrollment, policy management functions, group disability, group insurance and voluntary in Life & Annuities insurance.
- Desire to grow professionally in sales, high quality delivery and practice development realms.
- White paper authorship or publications are a plus.
- Project management experience a plus
- Visio or similar workflow documentation tool.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration/Technical degree.
- Nice to have awareness of Devops,Agile,Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- CCBA or CBAP designations preferred