Sr. SBA Loan Officer
This position is responsible for preparing and processing all SBA loans, ensuring all documentation is enclosed in the loan file and all closings are scheduled. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have working knowledge of agency, investor and Fidelity guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist SBA Lenders from origination to loan closing.
- Communicate with borrower to ensure accurate and complete loan package compliance with SBA.
- Ensure all necessary reports, i.e., appraisal, flood certification environmental, IRS tax verification are ordered and received.
- Coordinate loan closing with attorney and borrower.
- Complete documentation in preparation to book the loan.
- Maintain a copy of all documents on each loan for departments review and follow-up.
- Monitor current hazard insurance and financial information during construction period.
- Coordinate and track construction draws insuring all documentation conforms with SBA policy.
- Cross-sell all other bank products and services
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA
- Additional duties as assigned as it relates to the position
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with SBA processing (of which most recent 12 months is in desired channel)
- Decision Making
- Results Orientated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
- Noise levels are considered moderate
Sunwest Bank Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunwest Bank works with staff members and customers without regard to race, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, medical condition, handicap, disability or veteran status and to assist the Bank in maintaining its Affirmative Action Program.
Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act laws and regulations is considered an extremely serious matter, and it is intended that Sunwest Bank, through the purposeful efforts of its employees and officers, are expected to make every resolute attempt to conform to its Bank Secrecy Act Program and Procedures. Failure to comply will be reflected in their performance review as well as in any bonus compensation programs in which they may participate.
Attend and complete all required classroom, computer-based, web-based and seminar training. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with Sunwest Bank’s “Code of Ethics and Conduct.” Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level and work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All job descriptions can be amended without notice as warranted by business necessity.