Birdi Systems, Inc. is a Los Angeles based, award-winning, full-service systems engineering consulting and contracting firm. Birdi is a leading provider of technology solutions to major airports and other transportation entities. We are fully vested in our slogan, “From Solutions to Service.” As system engineers, we are experts in developing the right solutions for our clients, always making sure that before we deploy the solution, all elements are in place so that the solution provides service to the client from the first day of operation.
Birdi Systems, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• 5+ years experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
• Background in Engineering and Construction Industry is a plus.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.