Sport Writing Internship
Enhance your education with on-the-job experience and development. When you become
a BVM Sports Writing Intern, you will:
• Get real world media experience
• Build your resume
• See YOUR byline appear on a national sports website
Write local sports articles to appear on BVMsports.com, a NATIONAL website with local sports coverage from pee wee to pro!
BVM Sports Writing Interns will:
• Write game previews & recaps
• Write player/coach/team profiles
• Write local human-interest stories
• Provide photo content to compliment articles (possibly video too)
• Share articles on personal social media platforms
DURATION: 16 weeks per semester
(fall, spring, summer)
TIMELINE: Beginning fall 2020
LOCATION: This is a remote opportunity
BENEFITS OF BEING A BVM SPORTS
This educational internship will help interns develop their professional sports writing skills and will provide:
• Professional development through training and resources provided by leading experts in the media and sports writing/journalism fields
• Critiques of your work by professional writers and editors
• Weekly professional development opportunities and check-ins
• Coaching on how best to pitch YOUR ideas to an editor and turn them into nationally published articles
• Connection with mentors and experienced leaders in the sports
and publishing industries
• First-hand experience writing in a
fast-paced sports media environment
• Possible media credentials to cover sporting events AND writing award opportunities
DO YOU WANT TO BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF SPORTS WRITING?
HAVE YOU EVER WANTED YOUR LOCAL CONTENT TO BE SEEN NATIONALLY?
HAVE YOU DREAMED OF SEEING YOUR BYLINE ON A NATIONAL SPORTS WEBSITE?
LOOKING FOR COLLEGE CREDIT?
BVM Sports will assist you in working with your college/university
• Has a passion for sports
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong communication skills, including networking and interviewing
• Well connected with local sports community (your school or club)
• Detail-oriented with strong time-management skills
• Highly motivated and able to work (remotely) in a fast-paced environment
• Interest in storytelling through video and/or audio (video feature stories, podcasting, etc.)