Strategy Intern (Virtual)
IZEA was built to connect the world’s top brands with influential content creators and publishers to enable influencer marketing and content production at scale. With over 500,000 Creators reaching over 3 billion fans and followers around the globe, IZEA is unmatched in its industry experience, network diversity, and technology ecosystem. A career at IZEA offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization!
We’re looking for Undergraduate Juniors & Seniors and Graduate-level students who are interested in a remote internship this Fall. Best fits are those majoring in or have experience in the following areas: Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- All IZEA internships are for-credit-only arrangements
- Currently recruiting for Fall 2020 (Mid August - Mid November)
- Students must receive academic credit for the internship
- NDA paperwork will need to be signed by students
- Relevant work assignments (individual and group) across IZEA departments including Client Development, Campaign Management, Influencer Ecosystem and Customer Service.
- Personnel, time and facilities to assist interns
- An assessment of individual interns at the end of the program
- Gather consumer research, including social media usage, purchase behavior, interests, etc. across a variety of industries to incorporate into new campaign pitches and ongoing campaigns.
- Help create POV’s and guides on industry trends & best practices to share with the Client Development team. Recent examples include Facebook Brand Collaboration, Managed Service vs. Self Service, and Video Content.
- Learn SEO best practices and utilize a variety of SEO tools to support IZEA's custom content campaigns. This includes research about prospective clients as well as ongoing strategy work for existing campaigns.
- Support the Strategy team in creative brainstorm sessions and concept ideation with Account Directors for prospective and existing campaigns.
- Be involved in reviewing and improving existing custom content objectives to meet established client goals.
- Present a “mock” client pitch to the Strategy team at the end of the internship session.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Passionate about influencer marketing, content marketing, and digital strategy.
- Able to collaborate and work well within a team.
- A self-starter that’s able to balance multiple projects.
- Motivated and focused while working independently due to the virtual nature of this internship
- It’s a plus if you have experience with SEO and familiarity with tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush.
Why would you want to intern here?
As an intern, you have the opportunity to be part of a company that is constantly evolving in an ever-changing world. Your time here will be exciting and educational as you gain real-life experience in the world of content marketing. Our interns are not used for coffee runs. Instead, we focus on developing skills that will further assist you in your career goals.
With IZEA, you have the opportunity to join a non-traditional corporate culture, where creativity and productivity are valued over a suit and tie. As an intern, you will be welcome to join in with all IZEA events and activities. We treat our interns as employees-in-training. We look to interns first when filling full-time position openings. As such, we expect interns to be hardworking, dedicated and perhaps a touch quirky.
You get the opportunity to work with the latest technology and tools that make us the best in the industry. As an intern, the work you put in will directly affect what you get out of the internship. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow as a team.