Associate Product Manager - Accessories
The Accessory Associate Product Manager is responsible for assisting on product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle of Makita’s range of accessories. This includes prioritizing between current products and new product development, continually gathering and defining “the voice of the customer” requirements as they relate to new product development, defining the product vision and strategy for a variety of end-user markets, and working cross-functionally with engineering, sales, operations, creative, purchasing, and customer service to ensure company goals are achieved. The Accessory Associate Product Manager’s job also includes working on various projects to support the marketing team’s core objectives. This position is based out of Makita’s corporate office in La Mirada, California.
Essential Job Duties:
- Be a self-starter and entrepreneurial in spirit
- Ideate, participate, and help define the product strategy and roadmap
- Both assist with and lead market research, competitive product testing and pricing analysis initiatives
- Conduct on-going product category research and identify trends, opportunities, and positionings for both current products and future product offerings
- Produce competitive product analysis materials
- Write effective product copy and specifications to be used throughout our marketing collateral
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Lead and manage the internal packaging design workflow for assigned products
- Assist in launching new products to our organization through multiple mediums
- Work with our creative and channel teams in developing promotional campaigns
- Collaborate on the creation of design briefs and help to create sales tools and marketing collateral
- Track, collect, and manage online reviews of products and communication to user follow-ups
- Prioritize between projects of various topics and complete those projects on time
- Think creatively to develop solutions
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external colleagues and partners
- Present confidently and passionately in a variety of meeting and presentation settings
- Be an expert with respect to Makita and the competition
- Act as a leader within the company
- Independently manage a product line of accessories
- Use power tools
- Passion for winning is a must
- Product Management experience is preferred, but not required
- Self-starter, with the ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, in writing, and on video calls
- A solid understanding of the e-comm, retail, and industrial buying environments
- Bilingual a plus. (Spanish preferred)
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience within the power tool industry is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4year college or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and produce manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be at least 18 year of age at the time of employment
- Valid driver’s license
- May be required to travel, which includes overnight stays in some cities where events are being held. Amount of travel will depend on product development.
- Expense Reimbursement Plans
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.