Associate Production Supervisor
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenue across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include Planters®, SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for 12 years, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
Job Purpose: Ensures the successful manufacturing of food products by supervising a staff of approximately 15-30 employees
- Leads team members by managing, and executing plant processes
- Manages team members in attaining production and quality goals
- Ensures appropriate resources (including materials, equipment, and staffing needs) are available to maintain production schedules
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure that goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service are met
- Creates and maintains an engaged and team-oriented work force to improve business results
- The position is very hands-on - supervisors are usually in the production area "on-their-feet" about 80% of the shift
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Management, Operations, Industrial Management, or related field with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA preferred OR 3+ years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be open to relocation or within a commutable distance of one of Hormel Food’s manufacturing facilities.
Location and Shift:
- Typical starting locations include facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, and Georgia.
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
- Most Production Supervisors begin their career on second or third shift
- Approximately six weeks are spent in a hands-on training environment before being promoted to a department
- Production Supervisors partner with other supervisors and managers to learn about our products, the company, and industry dynamics
- Production Supervisors attend a virtual Inspired Hires orientation. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills.
- A successful Production Supervisor will advance to Lead Supervisor, Superintendent, Plant Manager, International, or Operations Coordinators
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Benefits: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive base salaries plus yearly bonuses, an annual merit increase performance review, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.