Inventive Scientist in AT&T Labs – Network Analytics and Automation
In AT&T Labs, we are helping to build the communications networks of the future by creating and driving industry leading innovations and by tackling some of the world’s biggest and richest datasets. We create and drive cutting edge technologies that support AT&T’s advanced networks, ranging from the planning and design of 5G and fiber networks, through to operations intelligence, optimization and automation and value added network services. The challenges that we address inspire exciting technical opportunities in optimization, orchestration, AI, machine learning, data science, network and cloud systems, and network services.
AT&T Labs’ Network Analytics and Automation is looking for passionate and talented technical leaders to join our team. We are looking for unique and exceptional individuals who have a passion to create and drive new and innovative solutions into our business. Our employees are expected to think big, and to research, explore, rapidly prototype and deliver on new ideas and solutions to challenging real-world problems. They are independent thinkers able to lead and drive novel ideas from concept to operational reality. Successful candidates will work closely with fellow employees and directly with business unit leaders to impact AT&T’s network and services.
Outstanding graduate level candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in network technologies, a collaborative spirit, strong communication skills, hands-on data analytics experience, and solid software expertise. Access to real-world systems and data, the ability to work with internal and external collaborators, and the intent of making a big impact by developing solutions that will be used by tens of millions of consumers, and the largest corporations in the world, are some of the reasons AT&T Labs is an exciting place to work.
We encourage applications from candidates with experience and strong interest in any of these areas:
- 5G and Next Generation Access Network Technologies and Systems
- Network Planning, Optimization, AI and Automation
- Data Science and AI Systems
Qualifications depend on the specific position being filled and include:
Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university, or a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Degree in a relevant technical field, including but not exclusive to: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Established aptitude for applied research, software prototyping, data science, AI and software systems as demonstrated through software platforms, new algorithms, open source contributions, internship experience, publication or/and patents.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and develop them from concept to a solution.
- A demonstrated ability to operate independently, with minimal oversight, and proven experience in collaborative work environments with external customers.
- Accomplished programmer with software expertise with a language primarily relevant to the field (e.g. R, Python, C/C++, and Java).
- Your curriculum vitae, including your complete academic and professional histories and your publication record.
- At least three (3) and up to five (5) references.
- A statement (up to 2000 words) describing your current technical specialty and your vision for your future work. Feel free to supply any other information helpful in assessing your application.
- Work locations will depend on position offered but can be Bedminster, NJ; Middletown, NJ; Plano, TX; or San Ramon, CA. Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a Work Statement and 3-5 references.