Senior Policy Analyst
Atlas Public Policy is looking for a highly-qualified senior policy analyst to join our exciting policy tech firm. Atlas equips businesses and policymakers to make strategic, informed decisions that serve the public interest. We build analytical tools and dashboards using powerful, accessible technology, and offer expert advisory and convening services to tackle the pressing issues of the day. Our key areas of focus are transportation electrification, building electrification, and climate more broadly.
A qualified person must be sharp, ambitious, passionate, and capable of adapting to the evolving demands at Atlas. This position can be based in Washington, DC following a hybrid work model. This position can also be based in San Francisco, CA. Staff based in the Bay Area are currently following a work-from-home model.
Atlas’s customer base is primarily in the climate policy space, including public agencies from all levels of government, leading climate advocates in the non-profit sector, and top companies working on clean energy technology. Our work includes cutting edge research and development on critical climate-related policy issues, products that equip stakeholders with actionable information on clean energy markets, and strategic advising to key leaders in the climate space.
Atlas began in 2015 and has grown with increasing demand from our core set of public interest-focused customers. We engage all our staff in internal strategy development, and believe in work-life balance, career development, and cohesive team-oriented work.
- Undergraduate degree in public policy, energy resources, economics, or related field required;
- Master’s degree preferred;
- 5-7 years of work experience related to energy, transportation, and/or climate policy required;
- Passionate interest and experience in using data to solve complex problems;
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel required, Python, R, or other programming language a plus;
- Experience leading complex projects and managing teams;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills;
- Strong interest in realizing Atlas’s mission;
- Ambitious, self-directed; and
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or other U.S. work authorization (please specify details in your application. Atlas does not offer sponsorship for permanent residency).
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Until filled
Time Commitment: Full time
Compensation: Annual salary of $100,000-$130,000 and competitive benefits (health insurance, vacation, and retirement).