Accounting Associate (Remote)
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Prepares and maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, financial records; prepares financial statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records.
Essential Job Functions
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
- Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments).
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
- Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Special Skill Requirement
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Team player and effective collaborator.
- Meticulous with an unrelating attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical skills and inquisitive mind.
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Customer centric and trustworthy.
Job Location(s): US - PA - Remote, US - CA - Remote
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!