Ensures that services provided by assigned staff are in keeping with high standards and quality, and in full compliance with all relevant legal, ethical, licensing, contractual and agency standards and expectations. Responsible for timely and appropriate clinical and administrative supervision, training and guidance, for assigned staff, to support their success in providing and documenting client care services and meeting or exceeding agency expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must spend over 50% of their time on these duties.
- Manages quality and effectiveness of service delivery through regular supervision and monitoring of client care documentation including assessments, care plans, outcome measures and progress notes.
- Ensures timely and high quality documentation of services by assigned staff in accordance with all agency and contractual requirements.
- Supports assigned staff to provide services that are clinically appropriate, culturally respectful, in partnership with clients and their parents/caregivers.
- Promotes highly integrated and effective care, a one-CII culture, and adherence to agency values.
- Maintains working relationships in the community to bring awareness and education to promote the agency’s services and provides consultation to representatives of other agencies by providing regular reports as needed.
- Ensures confidentiality and maintenance of client records in compliance with HIPAA, CII Policies and Procedures and licensure regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of program standards and policies as developed by the agency, licensing and other governing bodies; develops personal and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in in-service programs.
- Provides direct services as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This job supervises up to 10 staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of managerial, supervisory experience.
- Master's or doctoral degree in psychology, social work, child development, or a related field required
- Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance.
- Required to travel extensively per month (>50% of the time).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Maintains patient privacy, including protecting the confidentiality, safeguarding the integrity and availability, and limiting the use and disclosure of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) to authorized individuals and entities.
- Participates in, conducts, and sustains performance quality improvement activities according to designated role and responsibilities.
- Sensitivity to service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands CII’s basic philosophy and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current and valid licensure with Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) or Board of Psychology (BOP).
- Must be fully vaccinated to comply with the California Department of Public Health (CPHD) order issued on August 5, 2021. The agency will provide accommodations as required by applicable law.
- Generous paid PTO, plus nine paid holidays and CII is closed between Christmas and New Year's
- Free basic HMO Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Eligible employees receive a 5% retirement contribution
- Up to $4,500 in tuition reimbursement annually
- Eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Opportunity for growth & advancement
- Professional development & continued training
- Team building & bonding through company sponsored events & activities