Software Engineer (L7 Security and Cloud)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
In the Layer-7 Security Software team, we are responsible for at least one, often two to three headline features in every PANOS release. Our core Identification and Policy Engine runs on Hardware, Virtualized, Container and Cloud-delivered firewalls. As a Software Engineer in this team, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the Cloud-delivered Layer-7 security infrastructure that allows learning and redistributing identity information - critical for applying identity based policy to provide secure Zero Trust access.
Are you looking to tackle a variety of challenging problems across the network, firewall, and Cloud platforms with the mentoring from experienced software engineers? Are you ready to be part of a fast moving and engaging team that executes and delivers cutting edge features like a start-up but with the support of an established leading security company?
- You will be able to experience first-hand how our team transforms ideas into enterprise class security software across multiple platforms, on-premise and in the Cloud.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition/design, through implementation, test and troubleshooting, at a company that is the leader in network security.
- Based on your experience, you will first focus on features and tools in one of the following areas, but with exposure to the rest as you grow with the team.
- Cloud-delivered Layer-7 Security Infrastructure in the Cloud and in the dataplane
- Advanced Identity security features including IoT, cloud directory etc.
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast
- Proficient in C/C++ and/or Golang, and familiar with Unix/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with TCP/IP internal
- Working knowledge of common data structure and algorithms
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with cross-functional groups
- Team player with a can-do attitude in a dynamic working environment
- Experience with Kubernetes, GCP and Jenkins is a plus
The Identity and Policy engine team is responsible for building infrastructure that allows learning and redistributing identity information for secure inspection of traffic to apply identity based policy in order to provides secure resource access It is part of the Layer-7 Security team, a group of people building the software that provides inspection capabilities of application-level protocols.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.