Preschool Assistant Teacher
“The Child Abuse Prevention Council PROTECTS children and STRENGTHENS families through awareness and outcome-driven programs, delivered with compassion.”
Put your teaching & business skills to work in a way that makes a measurable difference in the lives of children, youth & families in our community. This position is part of the CAPC's Early Childhood Development team. This position requires a multi-tasking master who can embrace challenges; lead with a passion for developing those around them and an eye for risk-management and quality improvement efforts! If you have a solution-focused, can-do attitude: the CAPC may be the place for you! Integrity, collaborative, compassionate relationships, safe, strong families, innovative, visionary, education, awareness and advocacy, and above all, impact: We are the Child Abuse Prevention Council and these characteristics are what define the CAPC Experience for staff, clients, volunteers, donors, and the community. If these describe your personal and professional goals and interests - we would love to hear from you!
· No Cost Medical Benefits for Employee
· Clinician Tuition Reimbursement – beginning July 2022
· Paid Holidays / Sick Pay
· Generous Paid-Time Off – accruals increase with tenure
· Vision / Dental Insurance Options
· Retirement Saving Plan (403B) – agency matches up to 3% on 1st year workiversary
· Staff Recognitions – Spot Awards, Employee of the Month
· Business Casual Office Environment
· Monthly Staff Gatherings / Team Culture
· 501(c)(3) Designation – you’re able to apply for PSLF Loan Forgiveness
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Employee Discounts – LifeMart
Under the supervision of the Head Start Center Manager, the Head Start Teacher will implement and oversee all components of a quality preschool or infant/toddler program by contributing to the success of the teaching team and adhering to all policies and procedures, while working to maintain compliance with all licensing and funding regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
•AA degree in Child Development or related field; Bachelor’s preferred.
• A valid Child Development Teacher Permit is required for Early Head Start/Head Start classrooms.
• Three Infant/Toddler units are required if working with children birth to three; six units of Infant/Toddler Development units are preferred.
Two years of relevant experience teaching/working with children (ages 0 to 5) and families.
CAPC hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. CAPC is an equal opportunity employer.
**COVID-19 vaccine OR a legal exemption is required.**