Adolescent health-focused Research Associate
The Center for Innovative Public Health Research is seeking a dynamic professional interested in public health research to fill the role of Research Associate.
About us: The Center for Innovative Public Health Research (CiPHR) has been quietly growing into one of the most innovative and progressive technology-focused organizations in the technology and public health space. We are a non-profit organization that primarily focuses on understanding how technology is affecting the health and well-being of youth, while also identifying ways we can harness the power of technology to promote healthy behaviors.
Research Associate Job Description
We are looking for a Research Associate to assist across multiple research studies. Broadly, the studies focus on adolescents, technology, and sexual health; with an emphasis on LGBT+ health.
The RA position provides a range of research/development activities, including the following:
- Organizing information for research projects, including literature reviews, etc.
- Working with the research team to prepare technical reports and dissemination pieces
- Assisting with the finalization of research documents, including formatting the document for particular journal requirements, the insertion of references, etc.
- Promoting study participation and retention, and other field-related activities
- Proofreading research documents, including journal articles and grant proposals
- Contributing to our organization’s social media presence by creating professional posts
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the RA position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; including the ability to speak clearly to different audiences (e.g., adolescents, parents)
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and take them from conception to completion, while communicating and coordinating with the larger research team
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to complete tasks on time to meet articulated deadlines
- Demonstrate high productivity in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and also cooperatively within a team
- Understand and adhere to standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to adolescent public health research and associated human subjects’ research ethics.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Flexibility to work on nights and weekends as needed.
- Successful applicants will have an undergraduate degree in Public Health or a related field, and at least 2 years of work experience; or a Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field
- Applicants who have demonstrated research experience in Public Health or a related field are highly preferred.
- Applicants who are fluent in both Spanish and English will be prioritized.
The applicant must be local to Orange County and able to work in our San Clemente office Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. Some nights and weekends, based on study needs, will be necessary.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.
CiPHR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or disability status. We are committed to fostering a supportive environment for our employees.
Please send both a cover letter & resume to jobs @ innovativepublichealth.org to apply to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
CiPHR is a 100% vaccinated and boosted team. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 unless they have a medical exemption.