Director, Quantitative Analysis
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Director, Quantitative Analysis will be responsible for directing statistical research, modeling and analysis for the club, focusing on new baseball analytics concepts with the ultimate goal of enhancing player personnel decisions and on-field performance. They will set the strategy and direction of the department’s research efforts and leverages technology and data to drive analytic innovation.
- Collaborate with leadership across baseball operations to increase the impact and application of analytics
- Lead, mentor and manage Quantitative Analysis team with a focus on personnel development; help guide resource allocation, deployment, and organizational implementation of analytics research projects
- Develop and implement complex mathematical, statistical, and/or machine learning models to support player evaluation, player development, and strategic decision-making
- Introduce new ideas, methods and approaches to help drive organization’s vision and decision-making processes
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process to ensure we have an elite and diverse Quantitative Analysis team
- Collaborate with Performance Science, Baseball Strategy & Information, and Baseball Systems to help drive organizational research & development as well as internal software design & development
- Participate in research conferences, networking, and recruiting
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science or a related quantitative field, or equivalent research experience
- 5+ years experience building and validating mathematical, statistical, and/or machine learning models, preferably in Python or R
- Strong record of managing a team, mentorship and technical project management
- Experience with applying and productizing quantitative research
- Strong communication skills, preferably with experience in fast-paced, competitive environment
- Proven track record of using creative solutions to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of recent advances within the public research communities of baseball analytics, statistics and machine learning
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, or because they are pregnant, may be considered for a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement.