Electrical Engineer/Project Engineer I (Power Designer)
Location: Irvine - California
Experience: Entry Level (Training Provided)
Lean Technology Corporation provides high-quality consulting in electrical engineering design. We specialize in the design, testing, research, and construction management of airfield lighting and airfield electrical engineering systems. We are an industry recognized leader in our field and our team has performed over 200 airfield electrical projects at over 100 airports nationwide including LAX, SFO, HNL, SLC, DEN, EWR, JFK, and SEATAC.
At Lean you will have the opportunity to participate in rewarding projects, have access to exceptional training, and career development opportunities. This position requires an individual who is highly detail-oriented, organized and determined to succeed. We are looking for someone who is eager to grow and looking for exciting challenges.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. EIT preferred.
- Understand 480v/120v 3 phase+ 2 phase systems
- Experience with government codes, including NEC, is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and other design software is a plus
- Experience in airport-related facilities, transportation, or commercial buildings is preferred
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Passion to work in a collaborative and creative environment
- Experience in government, military or aviation is preferred
- Superior attention to detail, focused, and a quick learner
- Exceptional character and integrity
- Pro-active problem solver
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able to pass all airport background checks
- Must be willing and able to adhere to strict safety guidelines on airfield
- Must be willing and able to adhere to COVID safety guidelines (masks, etc.)
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to his/her discipline or field, and development from electrical perspective
- Ensuring that QA/QC procedures are implemented within design teams
- Responsible for all aspects of project management, including scope development, quality control, and project delivery.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, including engineers, developers, utilities, and contractors
- Oversee the production of deliverables, ensure deliverables meet Client satisfaction and quality control requirements.
- Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgement to develop the right course of action
- Apply your engineering expertise and experience as required, work independently, and communicate with engineers and sub-consultants as required to ensure accurate and timely project
- Communicate regularly and directly with clients
Due to our current contracts, we are required by government mandates to prove COVID-19 vaccination status of our employees. As such, the applicant should be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a valid medical or religious exemption.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.