Programs and summarizes statistical analyses of data from clinical research projects within the Division of Population Sciences under the guidance of a Ph.D. level Biostatistician. Assists in the development of the computer software and databases to facilitate the conduct of the research studies within the Division.
- Consults on various research projects as assigned under supervision of a Ph.D. Biostatistician.
- Programs statistical analyses using statistical software packages.
- Collaborates with department personnel on research projects, relating statistical methods to medical or biological sciences, under epidemiologic and observational study settings.
- Participates in the design, quality control, analysis and reporting of research protocols within the Medical Center and the Beckman Research Institute.
- Prepares summary reports of results and analytic methods, including tabular and graphic displays of data.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in database design for projects as assigned.
- Participates in the development and improvement of the database system and oversees activity related to data entry.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Master's Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a closely related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- One year experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis, preferably in epidemiologic and observation study settings.
- Experience with behavioral studies is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of statistical software packages including SAS and MS Access and other advanced applications.
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or closely related field.