Job Title: Application Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA
About this position
Advantech is searching for an Application Engineer that has a passion for working with bare motherboards, computer system products, building custom products from concept to production for various vertical markets and companies. We are also searching for someone who has an understanding of how to embed and integrate our products into those of our customers. If you are motivated, coachable, and energetic, this job will be perfect for you!
- Provide product engineering support to product managers, sales, channel partners and customers.
- Assist in creating customer specific solutions consisting of: pre/post sale technical assessments, feasibility testing, technical response to customer bids, and RMA verification
- Construct hardware and software demonstration prototypes to aid sales and marketing efforts, such as: rapid hardware prototype development, high-level application software coding and system integration
- Conduct product testing while working with senior engineers and product managers
- Develop test plans, capture and analyze data, and write technical reports
- Work with multiple teams across Advantech locations to lead technical discussions and gather critical information for customer responses
- Daily interfacing with customer stakeholders to answer day-to-day questions and providing trending data
- Participate in trade shows to demonstrate products and support cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ year of experience with hardware engineering, PC technical support, or industry experience
- Experience analyzing failure / RMA data for trending and generating failure analysis reports
- Experience in assembly of x86 and/or RISC hardware and installation of relevant software
- Experience with Block/Board level circuit design and evaluation
- Good communication skills through voice and email
Nice to Have:
- Experience in hardware design or technical support in PC or related field
- Familiarity with system certification types and requirements such as Product Safety Regulations and Standards
- Ability to use a multi-meter and oscilloscope and review schematics in troubleshooting hardware problems
- Ability to perform PCB level rework and DIP/SMT component soldering
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Software development (C++/C#/Java/PHP/HTML) experience is a plus
- Networking topology, TCP/IP, VPN, software routing, SDWAN experience is a plus
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (DOE)
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with company match
- Education & personal development reimbursement program
- Generous vacation and paid holidays package
- Company events, lunches, and trips
- Work from home program
- Referral Bonus
- Snacks & drinks in-office
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.