Production Associate: Head Of Sound and Video
The Production Associate: Head of Sound and Video is responsible for all operations of the sound and video department for the School of Theater. Duties would include the planning, installation, maintenance, and supervision of all sound and video related systems for the School of Theater. This position would also supervise students in the installation and use of sound related systems at the School of Theater.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage daily operations for the School of Theater sound and video departments including developing and tracking work assignments for students in production practicum classes and work tudy. Ensures efficient shop workflow and that internal and external deadlines are met.
- Set-up, strike and maintain all SoT Audio and Video equipment
- Provide sound mixing support for various School of Theatre productions and events as needed. This may require work outside of normal hours and on weekends. This can be in the form of running a console, supervising a tech or support at an event. Participate in builds and hangs as needed with other departments
- Collaborate with student designers and technicians to realize audio and video needs as assigned or directed
- Maintain familiarity with industry standards in related technologies.
- Arrange rentals and purchases for each show, as necessary
- Assist in maintenance of School of Theater spaces and assets as assigned or directed
- Maintain and safe and inclusive working environment for all students, staff and faculty.
- Provide training in proper tool use and safe procedure if necessary.
- Attend production meetings as requested.
- Provide support to Teaching assistants in preparing for classes.
- Provide support to other production staff as needed including participation in light, video and audio hangs and load ins.
- Academic experience is a plus.
- Required technical skills includes extensive knowledge of audio and video systems and technologies, including networking and integration with show control and automation
- Experience in wireless microphones, live mixing, theatrical communications and video systems.
- Management skills required include managing student crews with regard to professional practice, instruction in techniques and methodology, scheduling and budgeting of projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with all types of people and in a high-energy environment.
- BFA in theater technologies (lighting, sound design, video design, technical direction) or equal documented experience
- A developed knowledge of PC or MAC computer software including Excel and Word, Qlab,Logic,Ableton, Vectorworks, AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of media servers such as watchout and D3
- 3-5 years experience in live performance or commercial production
- Experience in an academic setting is a plus.
This position is part of a collective bargaining agreement.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Please follow the link to apply: