Business Development Associate
The Business Development Associate role at Ontra is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to launch a career in sales at a hyper-scaling legal technology company. Ontra is looking to build out a best-in-class sales team to bring our products to some of the largest global enterprises in the private equity, healthcare, and real estate industries.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Ontra’s Sales Directors to develop your sales skills and build a foundation for a successful career in sales. If you are a collaborative team player and enjoy the thrill of closing new business, we would love the opportunity to get to know you!
This role will report directly to our Business Development Manager.
What you'll do
- Research: support lead generation by conducting research and helping the sales team curate prospect lists
- Prospecting: execute outreach via email and through cold calling
- Sales operations: coordinate meetings, pitch activities, and outbound campaigns by managing several calendars, external resources, and efficiency tools
- Meeting preparation: help prepare for client meetings, sales pitches, presentations, sales decks, and other materials as needed
- Campaign execution: help execute sales outreach, support Sales Directors in meetings, and manage follow-up activity to ensure smooth and consistent communication with prospects
- Data management: ensure data accuracy by entering new sales data, and by maintaining and updating Salesforce
- Sales projects: manage key action items and ad hoc requests for business development needs
What you'll bring
- Experience: 0+ years of professional work experience preferred
- Verbal & written communication skills: you communicate to a wide range of audiences with clear, concise, and compelling language
- Organization: you are process-oriented and are comfortable creating and maintaining systems upon which others rely
- Efficiency: you have excellent time-management skills, can prioritize tasks appropriately, and work to streamline processes
- Attention to detail: you are a stickler for punctuation and grammar and can be a go-to proofreading resource
- Desire to learn: you have the desire and ability to rapidly learn about new industries and the pain points of our target customers
- Technical savvy: you enjoy learning new skills and have experience adapting to new platforms quickly; we use Excel, Salesforce, and Outreach
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $50,000. The total compensation package also includes benefits (as further detailed below) and $15,000 of uncapped variable compensation as well as unit-based compensation if applicable.*
Ontra, the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence, combines AI-enabled software with a global network of highly-trained lawyers to offer a comprehensive solution for recurring legal workflows. By streamlining repetitive legal processes and transforming contracts into structured data, Ontra lowers costs, improves quality, and reduces turnaround times. Ontra is headquartered in San Francisco, with global operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.ontra.ai.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in one of Ontra’s unit-based compensation programs
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Hybrid/remote work flexibility & WFH budget (equivalent of $1K USD)
- Annual professional development stipend (equivalent of $2K USD)
- 4 months of parental leave (52 weeks for UK employees)
- Unlimited vacation
- Twice-weekly lunch perk
- And much more!
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
*Note on Pay Transparency: Ontra provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado as required by state regulations. Compensation for locations other than Colorado may vary based on (a) location, as Ontra factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience. Additionally, Ontra leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.