Who We Are:
The mission of the Cultural Vistas Accounting team is to provide excellent service to our colleagues and customers by supporting the financial needs of the program teams across the organization.
Who You Are:
- To be successful in this job, you must be detail-oriented, organized, and a critical thinker. Having experience with excel and grants financial administration will be especially useful.
What You’ll Do:
- Your job will be working with program staff across the organization to support them with reconciling and reporting on their federal grants.
- At any given time, you will be responsible for reviewing excel spreadsheets to ensure they tie with the general ledger, reviewing federal reports prepared by program staff for accuracy, reviewing payments prior to final processing to ensure completeness, and communicating with staff to help them complete the necessary federal forms and reconciliations.
- You will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Click here for the full job description.
Cultural Vistas equips global leaders with the skills needed to solve complex challenges through professional and intercultural experiences. Founded in 1963, our international exchange non-profit organization has nurtured over 150,000 alumni working to build international connections in more than 130 countries around the world. At Cultural Vistas, we envision a world where experiential learning opportunities foster a shared understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity, and cultural exchange.
Rising global conflicts require a renewed focus on creating developmental opportunities—equipping individuals with skills to bridge deep divides and advance civil society around the world. Cultural Vistas addresses these challenges by implementing a unique portfolio of compelling intercultural exchange programs designed to deliver a lasting and measurable impact on participants.
Our global community includes world leaders, community activists, and professionals across many industries. Cultural Vistas believes that exposure to different cultures, languages, and people promotes mutual understanding and shared solutions. These experiences transform participants into problem solvers who value diversity, are agile decision-makers and are more adept at building global, cross-sector networks.
Cultural Vistas maintains a dynamic team across the globe with physical offices in Washington, DC and Berlin, Germany. Learn more at culturalvistas.org.
- 20 PTO Days/year (increases after 3 years of employment)
- Given up front (not accrued)
- 6 Sick Days/year
- Given up front (not accrued)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- 3 plan options: Cultural Vistas covers employee costs 85%-95
- Employee only plan semi-monthly cost ranges from $18.94 - $74.44
- Dental Insurance: Cultural Vistas covers employee cost 100%
- Vision Insurance
- Cultural Vistas covers employee cost 87%
- Employee only plan semi-monthly cost: $0.50
- Life Insurance: Cultural Vistas covers employee costs 100%
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: Cultural Vistas covers employee costs 100%
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: Cultural Vistas covers employee costs 100%
- FSA and DPFSA
- Physical Health and Wellness Reimbursement - $100/year
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (100% of the first 2% of compensation after one year of employment)
- 35 Hour Workweek
- Flexible Work Arrangement (7.75 hours x 5 days OR 8.5 hours x 4 days and 4 hours x 1 day)
- Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program ($50/month)
- Certification Reimbursement ($1,000/year)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($2,000/year)
- Kudos Employee Recognition System (with Amazon Gift Card Rewards)
- Quarterly Spot Awards (3 employees/quarter, $750/employee)
- $250 one-time allowance for home office expenses
- $35/month to off-set communications expenses (phone/internet bills – reimbursed quarterly)
- Professional Development Opportunities