Graphic Design Internship
Intern Job Description: Graphic Design Intern
The Celebrate Forever Foundation is a new registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Newport Beach, Southern California with national and international strategies to become a primary provider of relationship education and enabler of social change. With strategic assess and partnerships to the USA, Asia, Canada and Europe, Celebrate Forever has a truly global outlook on positive change in relationships around the world.
Each year nearly 2.3 million Americans get married, yet nearly 50% of these marriages end in divorce. Statistics show that married people tend to have: healthier lifestyles, live longer, have more economic assets, and have children that tend to do better academically and emotionally. Celebrate Forever’s partners and contributors are world renowned experts in marriage and relationships and with the business and strategic expertise of Celebrate Forever we aim to create world class resources that will change individuals, relationships and in the end, the world.
The Celebrate Forever Foundation seeks to equip its members and the public with the education, skills, technology and resources they need to create lasting healthy relationships and families that can be celebrated forever.
Graphic Design Intern
Celebrate Forever Foundation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in graphic design efforts in the non-profit sector. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing, communications, non-profit management, and design while working for an innovative, fresh, fun cause focused on global change. This is a unique opportunity to work for a startup non-profit reporting directly to an internationally experienced Executive Director, with significant opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design for print and online sources; flyers, graphics, e-vites, and other marketing material for events
- Editing of photo shoot images
- Cataloging and organization of graphic design images
- Involvement in world-class website development project launching publically
- Emails, calendar management, files, reports, research and logistics
- Assisting the Executive Director in any marketing, management, partnership or
- administrative activities
CELEBRATE FOREVER GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION 1
- Organize and attend monthly meetings including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Partnership liaison with other community organizations, public, clients and donors
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for events/projects
- Other special projects or research
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills required
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g.,
- Photography, Graphic Design, or related field)
- Strong mastery of Adobe Creative Suite applications, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,
- Attention to detail, photo manipulation, and color correcting
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and to share ideas and work in a solution based style
- Previous internship/related work experience in related field is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of social media and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-
- task and meet deadlines, and a passion to learn and grow
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Celebrate Forever and the desire to make a difference
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Hands on marketing and communication experience in an internationally focused social cause non-profit environment
- Great opportunity to add to your design portfolio
- The opportunity to custom-design your own internship to meet your individual
- academic and career needs
- Flexible hours where, with appropriate notice, the Executive Director will work to
- schedule hours around exams and other deadlines
- The opportunity to learn from a dynamic international business executive team with
- global experience business, government, academic and nonprofit sectors
- A great professional recommendation for your valuable work
- Knowledge that you are making a difference in the world
CELEBRATE FOREVER GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION 2
1. What are your career and academic goals?
2. What do you expect out of an internship at Celebrate Forever?
3. What special qualities do you feel you will bring to this internship?
4. What is the time frame (day/month to day/month) that you expect to serve, and what days and hours are you available to work?
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 10 – 30 hours/week, preferably two to three times a week in the office. - time commitment is flexible and negotiable
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, supplemental questions and resume to email@example.com
If intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with his or her school. Celebrate Forever will provide the necessary job description and performance review upon request.
Celebrate Forever is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate.